Gadgets For Today Show – 29th August 2011
Smart Power Meter Board
- Designed to help consumers save money and reduce carbon output
- Featuring a built-in LCD read out, users can track how much power / CO2 appliances are consuming and money they are costing.
- The meter board comes preset with an average rate or simply key in the dollar / kilowatt hour (kWh) rate from a recent electricity bill to see power consumption and cost.
- It has a Smart Power function for further energy efficiency.
- When the primary appliance plugged into the “Smart” outlet is switched off, other devices plugged into the “Green” outlet simultaneously switch off as well, eliminating standby power wastage.
Digital BBQ Gas Bottle Scale
- LCD screen displays how much gas is remaining in bottle from empty to full
- It tells you how much gas you have by weighing the bottle
- Easy to use - Strap it to the gas bottle and lift for instant reading
- Bottle can remain connected to hose
- Backlight display for use at night
- Unit is calibrated to read all 8.5/9kg gas bottles, which are used on 99 percent of BBQ’s throughout Australia.
- The other way to measure gas is via pressure gauge, which is unreliable because heat affects the reading.
- Swap and go providers will probably hate it as people will
Iphone CellSafe Cover
- Claims to stop over 74 percent of SAR radiation
- Will be coming for HTC and Samsung models soon
- Made of silicone
- It’s worth mentioning that some people believe that there is no proof that the radiation emitting from phones are harmful
- Come in a variety of colours
About Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown is one of Australia's foremost commentators on consumer lifestyle technology. He publishes, produces and hosts CyberShack, is Channel 9's technology expert, and hosts Life & Technology and 2GB and NewsTalk 4BC.
Charlie is able to communicate, educate and inspire a huge audience, without confusing technological jargon.
Life & Technology is on the air Sunday mornings at 10am on 2GB and NewsTalk 4BC.