E-Waste on 2GB
Spoke with Geordie Gill the managing director of 1800Ewaste, who gave listeners a head’s up on e-waste – how to get rid of it, how much it can cost, where you can get rid of it etc. Very interesting perspective.
Our prize to give away this week was the Digital BBQ Gas Bottle Scale. Since I first mentioned this product on the Today Show last week we’ve had a tonne of enquiries, so I thought I’d give a few away on the show. So what can it do? Here’s a few features:
- LCD screen displays how much gas is remaining in bottle from empty to full
- It tells you how much gas you have by weighing the bottle
- Easy to use - Strap it to the gas bottle and lift for instant reading
- Bottle can remain connected to hose
- Backlight display for use at night
- Unit is calibrated to read all 8.5/9kg gas bottles, which are used on 99 percent of BBQ’s throughout Australia.
- Swap and go providers will probably hate it as people will
The Product of the Week was the BenQ BL2201PT Monitor, which is a nifty little device that offers up deep blacks and crisp picture. Here are few of its features:
- Can be used in either landscape or portrait mode (pictured above)
- Eco sensor to make sure it uses power efficiently
- Low Power consumption
- Ideal for business and home office.
- Height adjustable stand
- 4 year warranty
- Zero dead pixels
About Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown is one of Australia's foremost commentators on consumer lifestyle technology. He publishes, produces and hosts CyberShack, is Channel 9's technology expert, and hosts Life & Technology and 2GB and NewsTalk 4BC.
Charlie is able to communicate, educate and inspire a huge audience, without confusing technological jargon.
Life & Technology is on the air Sunday mornings at 10am on 2GB and NewsTalk 4BC.