Apps On the Today Show
Was on the Today Show with Ben Fordham, and we spoke about some interesting new apps available from both the Android and Apple App stores.
Zombies Run! is a game that is designed to push you to the limit when you are out running. You're Runner 5. Hundreds of lives are counting on you. You've got to help your base rebuild from the ruins of civilization by collecting critical supplies while avoiding roving zombie hordes. Can you save them and learn the truth about the zombie apocalypse?
It works anywhere and at any speed. You can jog in a park, run along a beach, or walk along a trail, even on treadmills! You automatically collect items like medicine, batteries, and ammo while running - but when you're back home, who needs them more: the soldiers or the doctors?
You can choose your own custom playlists before you start running: the story unfolds in between your tracks through a series of dynamic radio messages and voice recordings.
Once you have completed your run, you Coming Soon: Zombies, Run! records the distance, time, pace, and calories burned of all your runs, and we're planning RunKeeper integration. You can also hear audio notifications for time, distance, and pace during your run.
Supporting NSW, Victoria and Queensland, the Snarl Traffic app will provide ue with the traffic information you need on the East Coast of Australia. It can:
- Adjust the time frame of traffic incidents to display.
- Pinpoint your location using the GPS, and view traffic that will immediately affect your current situation.
- Full version? There is no such thing, Snarl Traffic will remain free for life.
- You can view only Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, or get an instant view of the F3, the Gold Coast, Wollongong, The West Gate Bridge, St Kilda, Townsville, Newcastle or Coffs Harbour. You choose what you want to see when you start Snarl.
- Move the map around and see the new regions automatically update.
- Zoom in to see traffic camera locations, and select them to view traffic information at that location - Now you can see how things look on the road before you get there.
- See how many incidents have occurred with the all new alerts system.
- Each incident's details can now be viewed on separate maps with extended details.
- Adjustable auto-refresh allows traffic to update in real-time right in front of you.
- View list of incidents and specialised traffic reports
Nothing spoils a good meal out with your friends than a battle over splitting the bill. An equal split seems fair to those who quaffed a number of bottles of fine wine, not so fair to those restricted to sipping water.
With Meal Splitter you enter the total food bill into the app's calculator and the number of people eating. Then you input the total cost of drinks and the number of drinkers. Add the percentage you want to tip and this nifty little app will serve up how much each drinker and non-drinker needs to pay.
About Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown is one of Australia's foremost commentators on consumer lifestyle technology. He publishes, produces and hosts CyberShack, is Channel 9's technology expert, and hosts Life & Technology and 2GB and NewsTalk 4BC.
Charlie is able to communicate, educate and inspire a huge audience, without confusing technological jargon.
Life & Technology is on the air Sunday mornings at 10am on 2GB and NewsTalk 4BC.