Today Show: Smartphones For Mums
Spoke on the Today Show this morning with Deb Knight about a range of smartphones that are ideal for mums. There are plenty of handsets out there that might do the trick, but here are a few that would suit mum perfectly. They’re not jam-packed full of apps. Instead they offer the type of functionality a busy mum will need as she multi-tasks through the day. Good email system, easy and fast access to the internet, as well as apps that can help mum in her everyday life, but also provide fun and entertainment, too. Here are my picks:
Nokia Lumia 800
- Use People Hub and organise your family into group and save on the home screen as a Live Tile. Allows you to send out group messages to kids quickly as well as stay up to date with what everyone is doing.
- Keep the family organised with multiple colour coded calendars for each family member in the one app
- Make driving to kids sport on the weekend easy with Nokia Drive navigation app
- When having downtime at home, stream your favourite genres using Nokia Music
- Capture family snaps and video on the move with the 8 megapixel camera
- Keep finances organised, with banking apps from CBA, St George, NAB or Bankwest
Samsung Galaxy Note
- Unique S pen which converts handwriting to text and multitasking features so you can use numerous apps at one time.
- S Pen can also used for accurate sketching and artwork.
- Handwriting recognition allows you to scribble on the screen and instantly share text messages and email.
- Helps you juggle a busy social schedule and keep up with a demanding work-life so that you never miss an appointment again. Compans
- Compact enough to fit into your handbag or pocket.
- Powerful enough to create edit and share large documents so that you never miss a deadline.
- S Memo application, designed to create reminders in the simplest way possible so that there is no fiddling around with calendar invites or scribbling on post-its.
HTC One S
- HTC’s ImageSense technology allows mums to shoot a video and consequently take pictures of your bubs first steps, all at the same time.
- With Beats Audio integration feature, mums on the go now can enjoy the authentic sound of their favourite music.
- With YouTube streaming gives how-to video tutorials at their fingertips.
- Dropbox to provide mums with 25GB of free online space. They can store and access their favourite recipes and readings anytime and anywhere.
- HTC One S’s 4.3 inch super bright screen indulges mums with a vibrant display of browsing and reading experience. The durable wide screen makes reviewing photos and video easy.
About Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown is one of Australia's foremost commentators on consumer lifestyle technology. He publishes, produces and hosts CyberShack, is Channel 9's technology expert, and hosts Life & Technology and 2GB and NewsTalk 4BC.
Charlie is able to communicate, educate and inspire a huge audience, without confusing technological jargon.
Life & Technology is on the air Sunday mornings at 10am on 2GB and NewsTalk 4BC.