Life and Technology - Radio Show on 2GB UPDATED
We spoke to -
Product Marketing Manager for Pioneer Australia about blutooth technology in cars
President of the Australian Seniors Computers Club Association
We discussed -
The new Samsung Galaxy S4, its features include -
• Air View and Air Gesture: The GALAXY S 4 allows users to scroll up and down, change music tracks, accept calls and preview photo galleries and email content without touching the phone.
• With the ‘Air View” and ‘Air Gesture’ features, the GALAXY S 4 detects the user’s hand movements and responds instantly, whether it be a wave to answer a call or a finger floating above the screen to preview an unopened email.
• Samsung Smart Pause and Samsung Smart Scroll: These features allow users to control what they see and watch with their eyes. ‘Samsung Smart Pause’ detects when users are watching a video and pauses when they look away, starting up again when they look back
• Samsung Smart Scroll’ allows users to scroll the browser or emails up and down without touching the screen as the GALAXY S 4 recognises their face looking at the screen and then scroll the pages up or down accordingly.
• Dual Camera: With a 13 megapixel rear camera, the ‘Dual Camera’ function allows for simultaneous use of both front and rear cameras, while also offering a ‘Dual Video Call’ function that enables users to make and receive a video call with friends and family while showing what they are looking at during the call.
• Group Play: With this feature users can enjoy music, photos, documents and games with those around them without even requiring a Wi-Fi AP or cellular signal. Its ‘Share Music’ option allows users to have the same song playing on multiple phones in sync to create the best party atmosphere.
• S Translator: Provides instant translation, using text or voice translation on applications including email, text message and ChatON. This instant translation is possible both from speech to text and text to speech and ensures that you can rely on the correct information whilst abroad. S Translator knows nine different languages, including: French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and English.
We also received a question about Wireless Head Phones and TV sound and had some suggestions from listeners -
Suggestion 1 -
For the headphones output you can get an optical to RCA convertor and plug the headphones into the convertor. I have a Sharp Quattro and this work fine. You can get them at WES Components at Ashfield
Suggestion 2 -
Australian Hearing Services have a range of solutions for the hearing impaired. My children use a loop system with subtitles. There are headphone kits as well. From Stephen
Audio podcast will be loaded in the next few days - check back shortly
About Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown is one of Australia's foremost commentators on consumer lifestyle technology. He publishes, produces and hosts CyberShack, is Channel 9's technology expert, and hosts Life & Technology and 2GB and NewsTalk 4BC.
Charlie is able to communicate, educate and inspire a huge audience, without confusing technological jargon.
Life & Technology is on the air Sunday mornings at 10am on 2GB and NewsTalk 4BC.