Hot Smart Handsets on Today
Samsung Galaxy S4 Announced and includes these features -
• Air View and Air Gesture: The GALAXY S 4 allows users to scroll up and down, change music tracks, accept calls and preview photo galleries and email content without touching the phone.
• With the ‘Air View” and ‘Air Gesture’ features, the GALAXY S 4 detects the user’s hand movements and responds instantly, whether it be a wave to answer a call or a finger floating above the screen to preview an unopened email.
• Samsung Smart Pause and Samsung Smart Scroll: These features allow users to control what they see and watch with their eyes. ‘Samsung Smart Pause’ detects when users are watching a video and pauses when they look away, starting up again when they look back
• Samsung Smart Scroll’ allows users to scroll the browser or emails up and down without touching the screen as the GALAXY S 4 recognises their face looking at the screen and then scroll the pages up or down accordingly.
• Dual Camera: With a 13 megapixel rear camera, the ‘Dual Camera’ function allows for simultaneous use of both front and rear cameras, while also offering a ‘Dual Video Call’ function that enables users to make and receive a video call with friends and family while showing what they are looking at during the call.
• Group Play: With this feature users can enjoy music, photos, documents and games with those around them without even requiring a Wi-Fi AP or cellular signal. Its ‘Share Music’ option allows users to have the same song playing on multiple phones in sync to create the best party atmosphere.
• S Translator: Provides instant translation, using text or voice translation on applications including email, text message and ChatON. This instant translation is possible both from speech to text and text to speech and ensures that you can rely on the correct information whilst abroad. S Translator knows nine different languages, including: French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and English.
LG Optimus G
• QSlide – allows to do two tasks at once – ie watching a video and sending a text message without shrinking either application.
• You can change transparency levels of the screen to suit your viewing needs
• Dual Screen Dual Play allows mirroring between the Smartphone and a TV, it also has the ability to display different content on each screen wirelessly.
• Time Catch Shot you choose the best photo among the 5 shots including those taken before the shutter button is pressed.
• Has a 13MP camera
• Comes with Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor – ideal for gaming and watching vids
Sony Xperia Z
• Water and dust resistant
• 13 mega pixel fast-capture camera
• 5-inch Full HD screen with super brightness and clarity
• Tempered glass and anti-shatter film on the front and back
• Battery STAMINA mode is claimed to improve your standby time by at least 4 times
• RRP is $749 and will be available from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone.
• BlinkFeed transforms the home screen into a single live stream of personally relevant information such as social, entertainment and lifestyle updates
• HTC camera to shoot high-res and transforms the traditional photo gallery of still images into a motion gallery of memories.
• Has HTC Boom Sound and the first with front-facing stereo speakers with a dedicated amplifier
• Has a 4.7-inch Full HD (1080p) screen
• Up to 64 GB of storage available
• Price: TBC
About Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown is one of Australia's foremost commentators on consumer lifestyle technology. He publishes, produces and hosts CyberShack, is Channel 9's technology expert, and hosts Life & Technology and 2GB and NewsTalk 4BC.
Charlie is able to communicate, educate and inspire a huge audience, without confusing technological jargon.
Life & Technology is on the air Sunday mornings at 10am on 2GB and NewsTalk 4BC.