On the Today Show Charlie talked about water-proof and shock-proof devices that can handle the rough and tumble when you're out and about. Here are the gadgets that he showcased on the segment.
The Nikon COOLPIX AW110 camera
- Nikon’s newest shock-proof, freeze-proof and water-proof camera
- Waterproof to 18m
- GPS – you could always track when you took a photo but now you can track where
- Built-in WiFi instant upload from camera to smart device
- 16 megapixels
- Designed for adventure and travel
- RRP: $375
Sony Xperia Tablet Z
- Offers a high level of water and dust resistance ever delivered in a tablet
- Can be kept under one metre of fresh water for up to 30 minutes
- Thin and light at only 6.9 mm and 495 grams
- Seamlessly share your music and images with one-touch (NFC) connectivity
- 8 MP camera with Exmor R for mobile lets you shoot photos in low light conditions
- 16GB WiFi (SRP $539)
- 32GB WiFi (SRP $649)
- 16GB with 4G/LTE connectivity (SRP $679)
Magellan Explorist 610
- Designed for serious outdoor sportspeople
- Australia Discovery Topographic Map features detailed street, track, trail information
- 3-axis Electronic Compass and Barometric Altimeter to let users know exactly where they are
- includes information about elevation and where users are, even when a GPS signal is unavailable
- Integrated 3.2 mega-pixel camera, microphone, and speakers to help capture and share all your outdoor experiences
- Worldwide Basemap that show roads, water features, parks, and city centres
- RRP $549
Telstra Tough 3 Phone
- Waterproof to 1m of water for up to 30 minutes
- Designed for Aussies who work and play in challenging conditions
- Built to withstand the top three ways in which Aussies damage phones – dropped, being knocked and water damage
- Has Blue Tick rating and external antenna port making for improved coverage in more areas
- Screen is enhanced for easy reading in sunlight
- Cased in a hard shock resistant shell with a scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass screen
Lifeproof Cases for iPhones and iPads
- Water proof, dirt proof, snow proof and shock proof
- LifeProof cases are tested to meet or exceed recognised standards including Military Standard 810F-516 against shock, and section IP 68 of the IEL 60592 standard against dirt and water ingress
- They with withstand full submersion in water, up to two metres for up to an hour
- Keeps ice and snow out.
- One of the lightest and slimmest tough cases you can find in Australia
- Manufacturer says LifeProod cases has even helped an iPad and iPod survive a plane crash in the Gulf of Mexico.
Panasonic Camcorder WA30
- Waterproof to 10m
- Ideal for shooting footage outdoors and underwater
- Versatile shooting with smooth Full HD video and high-quality 14-megapixel stills
- Wi-Fi capability for upload to social networking sites such as YouTube and Facebook
- Remote shooting supported by the Panasonic Image App for iOS/Android smartphones.
- Intelligent Auto selects the most suitable shooting mode for best results.
- Enhanced creativity options
Logitech Washable Keyboard
- It’s submergible in up to 28 centimetres of water and has convenient drainage holes at the back for easy drying.
- Laser printing and a UV coating help to make sure the keys can take a washing as well as a pounding.
- Works right out of the box. There’s no software to install, so you can plug, play and type away.
- With a single keystroke, you can access 12 most often used applications.
Sony Waterproof Walkman
- Can be used for swimming
- An all-in-one digital music player designed to be worn in the gym, while training outdoors, or in the pool
- With its waterproof design, the player withstands not just water but the sweat from intense workouts.
- 8 Hour battery life with 3 minute Quick Charge for 60 minutes playback
- Compact and lightweight design that allows you to move freely
- RRP $99
EVAP Water Rescue Pouch
- EVAP contains a unique drying agent that safely removes the moisture from sensitive electronics preventing damage while restoring use
- Claimed to be 700% more effective at removing moisture than rice
- For best results allow 6-24 hours
- Humidity indicator will signal that your device is ready
- Contains an exclusive High Grade Molecular Sieve (APG) – an absorbent material that holds a larger capacity and has a faster absorption speed for removal of carbon dioxide and water.