With a whole slew of apps available, the Today Show and I thought it was time we highlighted some of the new and interesting ones that have come out lately. Here I talk to Karl about some cool apps we’ve seen:
- Roamz is a location-based app that helps you find out what is happening around you.
- It shows you social content about places, events and activities that are relevant to you.
- It uses information from the networks you use like – Facebook, Foursquare, Instagram and Twitter. App cuts through the noise to deliver you personalized and intelligent suggestions.
- Shows you things that you are actually interested in.
- The more you use Roamz the smarter it gets – It learns more about what the user enjoys.
- Slogan is always being a local.
- You can capture and share Roamz moments at places that you discover too.
- Great way to discover secret locations in places all over the country and world.
- Cost: Free
- Is a really fun and addictive game.
- Much like pictionary on your phone.
- Great for the kids
- You have to guess a word using the picture drawn by playing partner
- Can play with friends and random opponents.
- Play with Friends or randoms on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch: Challenge friends on Facebook or Twitter, or be automatically partnered with new gaming buddies.
- No drawing skills required: You can create a picture that will make sense to guess the word. Can be very funny.
- Colour Craze – Over 50 colours available. Have play and win then buy.Turn-based Gameplay: Perfect for on the run. Take turns drawing and guessing at your own pace.
- Leaderboard: Rally back and forth with friends for the most “Turns.”
- Bombs: If you’re stumped on a word – exchange it for a new one by exploding it with a bomb. (Only 5 though)
- Push Notifications: Be alerted when it’s your turn to draw or guess.
- Cost: Free
- Most popular app going at the moment.
- Viddy is a simple way for anyone to capture, beautify, and share videos.
- It’s like instagram but instead of pictures it’s video.
- Allows users to immediately upload videos.
- Advanced camera includes focus / exposure / white balance settings, audio metering, timer and more.
- Add visual effects, music, transitions, and even movie stars to your videos
- 100 percent free packs such as Vintage, Crystal, Solarize, Red, Exposed, Retro, Glam, BW, Hued, Junkd and 3D
- 100 percent free brand packs such as Snoop, Incubus, and more.
- Share your creation privately, to your friends, or to the world
- One-click sharing to the social web, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Tumblr
- Interact with your friends with tags, likes and comments
- Realtime video discovery and exploration from a vibrant community.
- An endless source of creativity, inspiration and personal expression.
- Videos are currently limited to :15 seconds.
- Vimeo and YouTube are great places to share longer videos.
- Video capture is not supported for iPhone 3G and older.
- Cost: Free
- Online 24 hour HD viewing channel of earth
- Camera is on international space station
- Live stream 24 hours a day – every day
- First images to be seen in HD of Earth
- NASA and other companies have been working together to set this up.